Hi lovelies! Long time, no talk but i’m finally back from my little two week hiatus! I didn’t announce it or anything mainly because the break was unbeknownst to me since school totally threw me a curve-ball at the last minute. Long story short, I had many projects pop up (one being a major Civics finance project that had me shook) and I pretty much had to dedicate ALL of my time to them (sadly I had to say “see ya later” to blogging AND reading… yeah it sucked). But now i’m back and with only less than a month left of my senior year, yay!!!
I decided to return with a fun post since the extremely wonderful Adri nominated me in the Sunshine Blogger Award which was such a surprise and totally lovely of her to do so! You guys should definitely check out her blog since it is literally the cutest and I am obsessed with all of her posts!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I used to make BookTube videos and after I began to not enjoy it, I turned to a different format for my bookish feels. Blogging started out as something new to try, but ever since it became something i’ve come to adore and be utterly obsessed with so I can’t wait to further pursue doing it from here on out.
2. Which book are you most excited to read?
My next read is The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout and i’m about 3 seconds short of screaming because of how hyped I am to start it!
3. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
100% without a doubt, a night owl. No questions asked.
4. What is your ideal vacation?
Going on a cross-country road trip with my closest friends or even my mom (yes, I would totally choose my mom as a travel buddy lol she’s my GIRL). We’d stop at every cliche tourist point and almost all the bookstores — because of course — and overall enjoy the sites we see and each others’ company.
5. Favorite method of self-care/self-love?
After taking a hot shower (not quite scorching but enough where it literally makes me want to nap lol), I’ll put on my comfiest PJs, make hot cocoa (with whipped cream), and cozy up in bed either reading a book or watching Netflix.
I’m fr getting sleepy just thinking about how relaxing that all sounds.
6. If you could give one piece of advice to (new) bloggers, what would it be?
Since i’m pretty new myself I won’t pretend like I know everything there is to know about blogging ahaha. My main tips that help me out a lot though are (1) only writing when I want to write or else the process isn’t as fun and (2) TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SCHEDULE POSTS OPTION. Honestly, it comes in handy an endless amount of times for me!
7. Which book has been the most influential on you?
This will always be my go-to answer because it’s so important to our society today and that is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I know it is extremely hyped up in YA but that’s totally for a reason. READ THIS BOOK and take in all the messages it has to offer!
8. Three random facts about yourself.
- My zodiac sign is Cancer
- I want to travel the world before settling down (places on my bucket list: Amsterdam, Greece, Dublin, and many more)
- I am hella obsessed with Marvel movies (i saw Infinity War opening night and it was such a great time ahhh)
9. What are your favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
Favorite: connecting with many fellow book lovers, getting recommendations for books that become some of my faves, using gifs to show my feels, and being able to do it from anywhere (in bed, at school, etc.).
Least favorite: hand cramps when typing (fr the worst lol), those days where you get in writing slumps (fr… also the worst), using blogging as an excuse for other things I need to do… especially when i’ve caught up on my blogging needs. more of a personal thing I need to work on, but definitely gets annoying.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
This answer is probably going to suck, but it really ranges from wanting to live in New York City (because of all the book events tbh) to the European countrysides since, hello, it’s freaking gorgeous there. So i’m not sure… maybe give me a few more years and I can give a more definite answer.
11. What is one thing that makes you happy?
Those times where i’m driving along a back road with the windows down when it’s 60-70ish degrees outside and i’m listening to some chill music like The Lumineers. Yeah… very random, but i’m so at peace with life when the rare moment occurs.
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- What’s the idea behind your blog name?
- What are some of your favorite blog posts to write?
- How do you keep up with blogging, school, and whatever else is on your sched?
- What types of novels do you find yourself enjoying the most?
- Which novels do you love that take place outside of the US?
- What are some of your favorite editions of novels?
- What are your favorite films?
- What is your go-to karaoke song?
- Where has been your favorite place to travel to?
- If you had one superpower, what would it be?
- Stars or the Moon?
Bookish In Bed | Literary Sea|Kayla Reads and Reviews | Bookevin | BookNerdReads | Finding Wonderland | A Kernel of Nonsense | pucksandpaperbacks | KissesFromJess | Aurora Librialis | Hammock of Books