Hey lovelies, happy Thursday! Today i’m here with a TAG. If you’re wondering why i’m so hyped it’s because this is the first time i’m posting one on this blog! *cue the excitement*
I was tagged by Jessica over at Kisses from Jess to do the Book Blogger Test! Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous after seeing the word ‘test’ — me + a test = not great results — but the questions seem fun and if it’s about books and blogging, i’m game!
▸Top three book pet peeves:
- When covers change mid-way through the series. Honestly, no. Why do they even bother??! Especially when the original covers are so much prettier!
- When two characters like each other but won’t fess up about their feelings (aka a-waste-of-my-time type of book).
- Unresolved/anti-climatic endings. WRAP !! UP !! YA !! DANG !! STORY !! I get that some authors want to leave it up to the reader’s imagination but nah I just read an entire book and for you to have a vague sentence like “and we watched the sunset in the horizon” won’t do it for me.
▸Describe your perfect reading spot:
My perfect reading spot would be in one of those coffee shops that also doubles as a bookstore (so that it isn’t as loud). I just love the smells, the sounds of the espresso machines, and if I got a window seat while its pouring rain outside, that would be even better! Not to mention, I could sip on a mocha while munching on a croissant! aka the ultimate snack dream. ✨
▸Tell us three book confessions:
- I have total mood swings when it comes to reading. Some weeks i’ll read five books and the next i’ll read nothing.
- I haven’t read any of the Harry Potter books… yeah let’s just forget I said anything. (But if it redeems myself a little, i’ve seen all the movies and love em!)
- I’ve met many authors where i’ve never read their books. Is it just me that feels super bad when doing that or is it one of those unspoken things we all go through?? However, it’s always so great to hear from the authors and I especially love supporting them!
▸Last time you cried while reading a book:
The last book that made me cry was Don’t Forget Me by Victoria Stevens. The story overall was super deep and emotional but extremely beautiful at the same time which is always a recipe for waterworks. Nothing too tragic happened but the MCs mom had an illness (I won’t say for spoilery reasons) but the letters she wrote to her made me hella emo.
Granted — it doesn’t take much for a book to make me cry since i’m literally the most sensitive human on this planet, but a good cry now and then doesn’t hurt so I don’t mind at all.
▸Number of books on your bedside table:
Well since I don’t have a bedside table, none? Usually I throw the books i’m currently reading on the floor next to my bed or on the edge of my bookshelf. However, for the sake of this question, if I did have a bedside table, there would be three books on it since I love stressing myself out by reading multiple books at once.
▸Favorite reading snack:
Oh jeez just ‘snack’ singular?? That’s not gonna work for me so lets go with it as a plural! I said above that I love croissants (which is totally true) but I also looove protein bars! They’re super easy to consume when you’re busy doing something else and not to mention there are so many flavors to choose from. My all-time favorite is this lemon flavored one that i’m completely obsessed with and would totally devour if it was in front of me at the moment.
▸Three books you’d recommend to anyone:
- The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas
- Alex, Approximately, by Jenn Bennett
- The Naturals, by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
▸A picture of your favorite bookshelf:
My favorite shelf is one from my rainbow bookcase full of all my finished copies. It’s the red/pink/white-ish section and I just think it looks pretty aesthetically pleasing, especially with the polaroids that hang above the books!
▸How much books mean to you in three words:
The entire universe 🌌😊
▸Biggest reading secret:
Alrighty, listen up folks! I’m about to spill some serious tea that will have anyone quaking. In my Freshman year of high school, I never read a single one of my English assigned readings *gasp*!
And get this…
I didn’t fail a single one of my reading quizzes! Thank the reading gods for cliff/sparknotes, they saved my grades for sure!!
Tag! You’re it:
What did you think of the tag questions? Where do you like to read/what snacks do you like to have with you? What are some of your bookish pet peeves/what are some of your go-to recommendations? Until next time,
Happy Reading! ♡